Wednesday, January 18, 2017

1/17-1/18 PLUS NEW REVISION POLICY DETAILS

PLEASE NOTE DUE TO LIFE HAPPENING RATDAWGS WILL BE AHEAD OF CONQUISTADORKS UNTIL NEXT TERM BEGINS AND I CAN GET US BACK TO NORMAL.

(Ratdawgs!) 1/17

Socratic Day discussing TTC pages 111-154 and Media Bias work. (more time needed to discuss media bias)

Will collect Media Bias work next time.



(Conquistadorks!) 1/18

Half Socratic Day. TTC pages 111-154 discussed
Argument papers passed back
Already passed in Media Bias work

New Revision Policy is up see details below.

REVISIONS- Argument Essay- updated 1/18/17
You may revise this essay once by Wednesday 1/25/17.
Before I said that I would only allow for a one point jump but after due consideration and discussions with other AP teachers on campus we will try the following method instead. I will accept one revision by the due date above and will give you the highest of your two scores.
In order for me to accept the revision and rescore you must provide me with:
  • Old draft
  • New draft
  • Self-Evaluation form
Stapled together and submitted on or before Wednesday 1/25/17


I am available to consult one on one with you about your paper by appointment. Email me to set one up!
Thank you for being patient and understanding as I transition between different strategies to find the best methods to ensure fair and balanced grading and support for all students. ☺
-Ms. Bevers

How the scores translate to grades in the class for this paper:
A+=9
A=8
A-=7
B+=6
B=5
C=4
3=D
2=D-
1=F