- Discuss new revision policy: After receiving several concerns about our revision policy I decided to check in with the other AP teachers on campus. Several of them offer no chance to revise any timed essays. Other's allowed for the revision of only the first essay written in a given style. So after much thought on the subject I have decided to change the policy to the following:
- Students will be allowed to revise the first essay they write in a given style (Rhetorical Analysis, Synthesis, and Argument). After that we will practice writing several essays in which you will write, peer review, revise and self- assess. After we complete 3 essays in a given style I will ask you turn in your best out of the three for a final grade with no revision. So it will look like this:
- Write first essay. Turn in. I grade and pass back. You revise and turn in again for final scoring. (This will be worth fewer points in the grade book)
- Then we will write 3 more essays. Peer review each. Revise each. Self assess each.
- Then you will turn in your best one out of the three.
- Passed out Rhetorical Devices and Their Functions Chart
- Passed out Rhetorical Devices (Teach a Device! Presentation Assignment) Handout
- Assigned 2 devices per person in class. Click Here for the assignments conquistadorks)
Began watching first section of Great Gatsby movie (new version) and filling out associated worksheet.