-Ice Breaker Activities 2/3: (20-30min)
- Impossible scavenger hunt
-Introduce self, class website, google classroom, class survey, classroom stuff. (15 min)
-Read/Annotate/Discuss Validictorian Speech
- Read to self and annotate (pass out guide)
- Highlight two or three “Golden lines” from the speech.
- Share one with your table group and explain why you chose it. (Call on a few as a class after)
- Open up to class discussions:
- Identify Arguments
- Identify rhetorical or literary devices used and discuss their purpose.
- Discussion Questions:
- Do you agree or disagree?
- Does this reflect you or your experiences here at SDA?
- What should teachers do to help create a more valuable educational experience?
- What should students do to create a more valuable educational experience?